Whether you are
preparing your home to sell or shopping for a new home,
find out what is important in today's housing market and make choices that
contribute the most value and enjoyment for the money. The Cooke Team can keep
you up to date on this market information...
- Old world styles are popular. A sense of historic connection
resonates with buyers today
- Modern open concept plans making use of color, light, glass,
stone, concrete and experimental materials such as plastic and metal
- Buyers today want four bedrooms and at least two living areas
with one being on the main level.
- Formal dining rooms are still in demand while formal living
rooms have been replaced by family 'great' rooms
- Home owners want master ensuites and a main floor two piece is
a definite plus
- Buyers are expecting houses on the market to be "magazine
styled". Staging homes has become very popular.
- Neutralizing color, removing clutter, excess furniture and
minimizing personal items will leave a positive "first impression".
- "Going Green". There is increased awareness about saving the
planet, saving energy, saving money , saving your health etc... There are
things that can be done to help make your home green (and grants to help
implement these changes) that will help save you money as well as give you a
marketing edge when selling your house.
Cooke Team for more tips on buying a new home or listing your existing
"People choose a
lifestyle long before they choose a house. Theres a decision that you
make, often years before the actual purchase, about how you want to live and
where you live follows from that."
House and Home